Monday, December 29, 2008

2008, in retrospect

It's a mere 1 day and 22 hours left in 2008 (Jakarta time that is).. For me myself, it's been a not bad year. It's good! Considering that 2006 and 2007 both were not very good to me to say the least. I mean 2006 was just depressing, and 2007 really ended in a very sour note during that last couple of months..
The year itself is quite eventful, with Olympics, some natural disasters, global economy crisis, etc. Makes my life in banking a bit tougher, but I guess it was still okay as we ride through it smoothly..
Personal life? Well there's definitely less drama this year, so I'm happy! The house next door is still under construction, and hopefully it'll be done in March or so. If you're invited to my housewarming party, I still could use XBox 360, Playstation 3, some HDTVs, and the list may go on! hehe..
Working life, well let's just say it's not as much of a challenge lately.. But we'll see how it goes next year..

Some of my bests of 2008:
Best Song: I'm Yours, by Jason Mraz. Very upbeat, good song about life, and funky island tune.
Best Movie: Dark Knight. And by default, best actor was Heath Ledger. Such a shame about his departure )=.
Best Sport Moment: John Terry missing his penalty, and Edwin VDS saving Anelka's penalty in the shoot-out of Man United vs Chelsea in the Champions League final! Man I was ecstatic and couldn't sleep for the rest of the day! Brilliant! But the final race in Formula One, man, that was breath-taking.. Too bad Massa didn't win it )=. Actually There's a lot more sporting moment in there, Wimbledon final, Phelps record gold, etc..
Best TV Series: Entourage still wins it for me. Although I enjoyed Grey's Anatomy as well..
Best Race: I wanna say Obama vs McCain, but then again, was it an even race? Maybe Obama vs Clintons wouldSo a tie with the final Formula One race day in Brazil!
Best Gadget: Blackberry Bold. Hands down! I wanna say Guitar Hero, but Bold just blew it all off.
Best Party: Super Bed Club. Bangkok. Second visit. Legendary!
Best Wedding: The garden party in Widya Candra, now that felt like real wedding! I'm sorry pin, urs is nice too though!

That's all I could think of.. I'll post some more tomorrow! ><

No comments: