Friday, September 12, 2008

Ballistic Syndrome

I love movies.
A cheap source of entertainment, let's you relax for a while..
Thus, you will see a lot of movie reviews here, just like on my old blog.
And I shall explain to you now a new term that I just invented: The Ballistic Syndrome.
Ever seen a movie trailer or poster that looks mightily interesting, star-studded and all, only to fail to deep disappointment? I don't mean those stupid movies that you just know will suck big time (Meet the Spartans comes to mind). One perfect example would be Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. It's poster and movie trailer came up very interesting. The castings also looked great: Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu, two of the hottest foreign actors during that time. But only came up to my first biggest disappointment ever. So from there on, I will coin the term "Ballistic Syndrome" to all such movies. And the first I shall honor for a spot in my brand new blog is: Babylon A.D.
Great looking poster.
Awesome title name.
Powerful cast by Vin Diesel (and Michell Yeoh I guess).
Fail miserably.
Plot was jumping everywhere. You have no idea the significance of the quest. Action shown was just bleh, nothing new. Vin was just acting like his normal self, nothing new there as well. And you get annoyed with what the chick really think about the dude ("Don't kill. I hate you! Okay I like u now, let me touch ur buff chest ^^"). Aaandd, you will get the biggest "WTF!?" ending ever. Okay, maybe The Mist still holds that title, right Malvin?
So in all, I dunno if it's the censorship in this country that just makes it mind-boggling with the scene jumps, but from what I read, many people don't rate this movie as well.. Oh well, money down the drain..

Anyhow, tomorrow I'm gonna see Hellboy 2. Looks promising enough, though most already watched the dvd (2 months released in the states, go figure!) Well, it was either that or Bangkok Dangerous, which I also heard great reviews! Probably I'll take a look on Sunday or something..

Ahhh.. and United is traveling to the Merseyside tomorrow. Can't wait to see how Berbatov gonna perform tomorrow!! Gerrard and Torres both are fit tomorrow (not surprisingly.. Rafa's mind-play trick grew old on me), so there shall be no excuses! Though I could end up on paying some three ppls lunches come Monday if I'm wrong >< *touches wood.

1 comment:

SyL said...

Hey ger..

decided to join blogger at last? hehe.. write up movie review. skrg gw sblm decide mo nonton baca blog lo dulu gitu.. just in case there's a review.. :)